We are one day away from Geo-Trail and Grand Finals of NUS Geography Challenge 2018! I hope all of you are excited!
The Geo-Trail and Grand Finals Circular is available via this link: https://tinyurl.com/geotrailcircular18
A friendly reminder that all students must be in their NUS GC 2018 T-Shirt and school PE shorts when they report to the URA Centre on 24th March 2018. Registration will commence at 0730hrs, and all students will attend a briefing at 0815hrs.
Do remember to bring the following items:
1) SIGNED copy of the Rules & Regulations (Annex C of Circular): All team members and the teacher-in-charge are required to sign on the form
2) Identity/student card for registration
3) Health Declaration Form (Annex B of Circular): Students are to bring along their medication/medical devices if they have pre-existing medical conditions
4) Water bottle (at least 500ml)
5) Writing materials (incl. colour pencils, markers, highlighters, calculators)
7) Full set of School Uniform for the Grand Finals
8) Small amount of money for lunch
9) EZ-Link cards with a value of at least $15
Students are also encouraged to bring the necessary items to protect themselves from the sun and hot weather (i.e cap/hat/sunblock) for Geo-Trail.
Should you have any queries, feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to seeing you Tomorrow!
~NUS GC 2018 Organising Committee
Thank you to all schools that took the time to work on the Creative Component (CC) for NUS GC2018! We received a total of 61 submissions and we are extremely impressed by the quality work we received.
The Creative Component team has graded the submissions from the Open Category and are pleased to announce the Top 3 schools from this category. They are (in alphabetical order):
– Anderson Secondary School
– Damai Secondary School
– Xinmin Secondary School
Congratulations! The Top 3 schools from the CC Open Category will be given the opportunity to re-enter the competition and participate in the Geo-Trail on 24th March (Saturday) as Semi-Finalists.
Here’s a friendly reminder that all 60 photo essays from the Semi-Finalists will be uploaded onto the NUS Geography Challenge Facebook Page for public voting from 19th March (0000hrs) to 22rd March (2359hrs). Five photo essays with the highest number of “likes” or “loves” on Facebook will go through another round of live-voting during Grand Finals. The Top 3 Most Popular from the live-voting will be awarded with attractive prizes! Do encourage your friends to like our Facebook page and vote for their favourite photo essays!
(*Note: Only “likes” and “loves” will be taken into account in the voting for the Most Popular Photo Essay. Schools found to have used fake Facebook accounts or bots will be disqualified.)
We hope that everyone is enjoying your journey through NUS GC2018, and we are looking forward to seeing the 53 Semi-Finalists this Saturday (24th March) for the Geo-Trail and Grand Finals!
— NUS GC 2018 Organising Committee